Sign in to follow this  
mishnishman

G60

Having been a devoted Scirocco fan for 14 years I have just swapped my Scala for a G60. The Water pump was replaced just before christmas and shortly afterwards I began to get serious power loss after driving about 1/2 a mile. I found that pumping the throttle clears the problem, suddenly!!!! If I restart with a warm engine the problem starts sooner but resonds in the same way. Any ideas?

You may have a airlock in the cooling system causing the blue temp sender not to read properly... or it may just be faulty??

Was anything else done at the same time as the waterpump?

Very likely to be a duff blue temp sender - fits into the plastic housing on the front of the cylinder head, same housing that the top hose connects to.

Try swapping the blue & black sensor plugs over - if that cures your fault, it's definitely the blue sensor.

The reason why your fault disappears when you go full throttle is because the engine ECU doesn't use the (faulty) signal from the blue temp sensor at full throttle.