Sign in to follow this  
Neverite

it died!!

:cry: ok, after a while of trying to find the "small" problem i was having... my C finally gave up on me. it fires up.. for a very short moment and no matter how much you try and rev... the throttle wont help it just dies again, pleeeeasssse help me! lol ALL advice and ideas will be most appreciated. cheers, Andy. :cry: :cry: :(

I've deleted your double post.. :wink:

As for your problem - sounds like it could be fuel starvation.

When did you last change the fuel filter ?

Other possibility is a weak fuel pump - disconnect the fuel feed pipe from the fuel distributor. Fuel should pump out of there when you turn the engine over - if it doesn't, see above.

errr.. ye, sorry about the random post :oops:

thanks Supercharged, i think the problem was the same thing. at seemingly random intervals, it would fire up and then die , but try again and it would start, and drive fine. happened 3 times times in as many months and was almost ignored because we couldn't find problem.

its certainly possible the filter is a little neglected, stevemac. cheers for the detail, ill get that checked over the weekend and let you know what happens. Andy.

13 quid and half an hours work and its never driven so well..

thanks for the quick and accurate responses guys :D i owe you a pint.. :wink: Andy.

lol... the fuel filter. it seems it still had the original filter, 15 YEARS OLD!!! so its all been a good part of my learning curve.(best way for me to think of it lol).

this is the typical part though, ive heard its just one thing after another with these beloved C's and it appears to be soooo true that as soon as id finished the filter. i took the car for a drive to see how it felt ...it was great, so then i decided to check and see if this had effected my MPG.. and the MFA stopped working... just show 0:00 all the time and no buttons work! lmao just my luck.