Sign in to follow this  
Flo

VR6 VT front engine mount fitting

Ok, I know someones going to say , "just use the search", but i have and trawling through that is gonna take forever!

Engine jumps up and down through gear changes, so with my expert analysis, have decided to order a VT front mount!

Now, the 'bible' has told me what the three bolts are torqued to, but is there a specific way I should go about this? i.e which order shall i do the bolts up, where shall I put the jack to hold the engine up, what shall I wear as my fit neighbour might be watching?

Also, acces from underneath looks very limited with the low front spoiler and god knows how i'm gonna use the torque wrench for the top bolt of the mount.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated, or even just a link to a previous thread!

Also some brainless idiot swiped my car last week :mad: , 'luckily', if thats the right word, they only took the paint off the wing. Anyone know any muts nuts bodyshops in the SE.

Don't think you have to jack the engine up for the front mount. You'll need a good extension for the torque wrench!

Whereabouts are you in the SE? Canterbury Car Colour and Jacksons (also in Canterbury) are good bodyshops.

SE london really, but i dont mind travelling as long as they do a good job.

Last time sent it to a VW garage, who shall remain nameless, and I had to send the car back 5 times before they got it right and they had the car for 5months overall. Never Ever again!

My Neice's hubby is in Chiddingstone causeway. Charcott Garage near Tonbridge. Done all mine. Ex BMW. Haven't got the No right now but will be home in a few days when I can let you have it.

doin mine soon , i've bought the bits , front and gearbox mount

my only concern is getting something under the engine to jack it up, because its lowered

I found with my golf that i could fit the standard VW jack under the sill (just) and jack it up enough to get the trolley jack underneath. Might be worth trying on the C Gixxer.

Dilated, cheers mate , i'll give it a go , failing that its jacking it up and lowering the engine carefully on to something to lift it