Sign in to follow this  
biggerbigben

Passat door handles / central locking / HELP!??

Hi all,

Spent the weekend working on the C's electric’s, I'm pretty happy with the progress I made but I came across a couple of problems,

I've fitted Passat door handles and I tried the central locking but the doors kept locking but didn't 'unlock', the boot was fine. I took the mechanisms off and modified it a little more because I thought the handles didn't open the doors properly but that wasn't the problem. I then unplugged the solenoids and tried to synchronise the central locking system, I did this about 4 times and it still didn't work. My question is - has anyone had similar problems or knows what’s going on!!!! It seems like the vacum isn't pulling for long enough and thus not unlocking the doors. Could I have a vacum leak or is it the handles and new mech being a bit stiff?? I did check both these areas but they seemed fine!

I can't get the wing mirrors to work or the driver’s window either if anyone has any ideas on them; otherwise most of the other electric’s now works! Missing a couple of looms but that shouldn't be a problem. Any help is much appreciated!!!

cheers Ben

I had the same prob with mirrors and windows not working.It was 1 wire had no live,il try and look at what colour it was and let you know

I had the same prob with mirrors and windows not working.It was 1 wire had no live,il try and look at what colour it was and let you know

that would be good mate, thanks..

B

I take it you were using the Passat mechs as wwell as the handles (middle part number should be 839 NOT 837 on both handles and mechs)

I do have the matching latches, they worked fine opening and shutting the doors before I brought the central locking into the equation!!

Might pop the old ones back on and see if that works...