Sign in to follow this  
Hemz

Dangerous

can you help, when i go into a roundabout the steering goes heavy and squeaks when comming out it staightens up but the steering wheel is a quarter turn left, then a few seconds later it straightens up but makes the car swerve, obviously at speed this is really dodgy :iamwithstupid:

i know the front left balljoint needs renewing but i dont think that is the prob(not sure) i think the bushes are shot, anyone responding to this message instantly becomes a legend and maybe get an mbe oneday.

hope that makes sense? cheers

Yeah, it is definitely power steering related. Check your power steering fluid first and make sure its full...if it needs fluid put some in and turn the wheel back and fourth all the way a few times then straighten it out and add more if needed. If that isn’t the case, check the power steering belt tension. Get under the car and feel the belt and see if it is loose – you should not be able to turn it a full 180 degrees it should be 75-90 ish i think. If that isn’t the case, I would look into replacing your power steering rack.