Sign in to follow this  
Heardy

Air con problems

I've just had my Aircon regassed after fitting a new condensor and drier and it seems to work fine except fot the cooling fan's don't kick in when the AC is switched on :( .

Just got a few question's really where about's is the AC connected into the cooling fan ?

Does any of the 4 relay's under the bonnet opperate the fan if so which one?

Also when it's switched on the idle speed doesnt increase should the AC be connected to the Engine ECU somewhere to increase it?

Any help would be appreciated

:)

Can't help, but I know a expert that could over the phone.

You need to speak to Keith at A/C/E services in Chertsey he's very versed on the Diavia kits often used on the VR6.

01932 570333

HTH Guy

I've checked the relay's and found a break inside one of them (the one that control's recirc) managed to repair it and it work's fine .Just need an idea of where to look next.

Just to let you know i've managed to get the fan's working properly.

I found a wire from the drier that wasn't connected at all and doesn't look like it ever has been :o ,anyway connected it up to the large coolant run on pump/fan control relay and it work's spot on 8) .

The Aircon seem's to be that cold that you can see your breath :D .

If anyone has any trouble with their aircon PM me and i may be able to help you out as i'm pretty familar with the setup now :)

It my be worth checking youre vent temperature with a thermometer because if its going too cold youre evap will start to freeze

To do this - switch to AC & recirc with a low fan speed and 1500rpm -measure the centre vent temperature - it will vary as the thermostat regulates the temperature - note youre lowest reading after approx 5 mins

if it spends more more time below zero than above you may need to adjust youre thermostat

It my be worth checking youre vent temperature with a thermometer because if its going too cold youre evap will start to freeze

To do this - switch to AC & recirc with a low fan speed and 1500rpm -measure the centre vent temperature - it will vary as the thermostat regulates the temperature - note youre lowest reading after approx 5 mins

if it spends more more time below zero than above you may need to adjust youre thermostat

Thank's for that Bordair i'll check it out tomoz