Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Question about bent chin spoiler...

As you can see from the attached picture (taken at Sundays Milton Keynes meet), the UK roads (and more specifically multistory car parks and the alley way round the back of my house) have not been too kind to my 90mm chin spoiler. Its bent right back now and looks bloody ridiculous!

What I want to know is, is it just the spoiler itself thats likely to be bent back, or is there something else under there which it attaches to (some kind of metal bar or anything) which might be bent? Looking at it on the ground there is a big gap between the base of the actual bumper and the chin spoiler where its kinda bent backwards...

Another thing I really want to get sorted - almost tempted to grab a smaller one from GPC to help save it in the future, but the deeper one DOES make the front look a bit nicer IMHO...

There is a metal bar which runs the full width - between the spoiler & lower front panel. Looks as though yours may be attached to the bumper with this panel either missing or bent. Most Corrados will have had the front bumper messed around with by now & many are not re-secured properly.

I have a spare if you need it ?

Yup, get a US-Rado, they have the smaller chin spoiler :lol:

On a more serious note: The chin spoiler should be attached to the main bumper with 3 screws at either side (i.e. where it wraps around to the wings, at least on my US-Rado it is :-) )

Tempest

Steve - so do you think the metal bar is bent and the spoiler itself is probably ok? Might be interested in the bar if thats the case.. what kinda money are you after for it?

Eric - thanks for that! :)

There are 2 or 3 screws on each side of the spoiler then 7 or 8 screws & a steel plate along the front part. Your's is very likely to be bent slightly or have some screws missing. It should straighten okay.

Gonna be a case of removing the bumper & having a look to see what can be done. Fetch it to my house one weekend & I'll fix it for you. :wink:

You're a top fella! Will talk to you about it when sorting out this strut brace.. I best factor some kind of discount in for you!

Thanks mate. I've only seen one other Rado on here with them (forum member rmn) - depending on the angle you see them, they don't look quite right (sit into the arches a bit too much to be honest, and a bit thin) but do look just right from the side :)

So the discount you'll be giving Steve for hte strut brace, does that come off my bill then Jim??

Steve - is that spare bar the one off my bumper???? :)

Jim - I'm free this weekend, if that's okay with you ?

Hm.. I know one day this weekend i'm definately out but not sure what day that is yet.. i'd assume that would be Saturday though. Could possibly be able to pop over on Sunday if thats ok with you?