Sign in to follow this  
J a m e s

Looking at a C tonight

Hi people,

looking at a corrado tonight, any major pointers to look for?

Cheers

One step closer to buying a C, coilovers will be on order as soon as i buy the car icon_biggrin.gif

if you're near south london buy mine. see 'mysic blue storm' for sale on the forum. I've dropped my price loads and it's the deal of the century.

Well, Im sorry no one actually really got back to you on this one.

I'd put up something but chances are your looking at it just now, or you've seen it.

Basically its the same things you'd lok for on any car. Service history and so on. Check the Panels though as they're built by Karmann, it aint cheap to fix :shock:

Electrics seem to be a bit shaky at times i've noticed so make sure it all works ok. Little things like the Mirrors not adjusting may just be oxidised contacts in the switch but sometimes, your better safe than sorry.

Central locking not working? may be a burnt out pump as this can be quite common, but again, it could be something like a burst pipe (its a vacuum system) but more than likely the pump.

Try to make sure the Trim is in good nick and intact as some bits may bug you after a while and prove hard to get.

Check the history of the charger, been re-built? No? whats the mileage? The first build should be done around 80K (mine wasn't actually done til over 100K) and listen for mettalic noises around the charger area.

Check the belts for wear and tear, as you really wouldn't want these to go!!!! :shock:

What like is the oil? Does it look like its just been changed? Was it Due?

Is it a funny mayonaise colour? yeah? Walk away. Have a look underneath for any leaked fluids too. is it oily in the water reservoir? again, i'd walk away, apparently there could be another reason for this, but i wouldn't bother.

The bottom bolster of the drivers seat wearing away? Not to worry, a common problem. £30 for a new bolster.

Is the sunroof ok, Tilt and slide? Is it getting sticky? A good greasing fixed mine ok, but have a look.

Spoiler workin ok? Check the manual button to the right, underneath the steering wheel. Should come up at about 40mph, go down when your close to stopping.

Does it squeak? Should just need lubed. I used Motorbike chain wax on mine, never made a squeak since.

Does the MFA (trip computer) function correctly? Does the MPG look unrealistic? Could be a worn out vacuum hose.

Check all the Vacuum hoses behind the inlet manifold for wear (not expensive to fix but it may make the car feel sluggish). Check the wiring under the bonnet. Make sure there is no shorts or broken cables.

Does the engine look oily? Could be dripping off the spunge on the bonnet, but how did it get there?

Is the I/C ducted? No, Why not? Some aren't, but it means the bumper has been off at some point.

Listen to the Radio? Check the reception on it. Large possibility of the power Amplilier for the bee sting being broken. It roughly under the aerial. Mines is broken. Dont bother me any.

Does it have an aftermarket alarm? Does it come with 2 sets of keys and 2 fob's?? No, Watch out!.

Oh well, Not bad considering i wasnt goign to bother so much!. Anyway. I hope this helps you, or anyone else looking for a Corrado (G60) out there. Anyone else got anything else to add, im sure there'll be something i've missed as this was off the top of my head.

Persuming your still looking for a G60 James?