Sign in to follow this  
gibber

Insurance Valuation.

Get with adrian flux dude.

Ive never done a claim but at least the paperwork is all in order.

Try them today. They quoted £920 with protected no-claims and agreed value. Seems abit pricey. Currently paying £644 without protected no-claims and no agreed value. What do you reckon?

*Bumpage*

I'm phoning around for insurance today, and managing to get agreed value seems a nightmare....

I'm valuing my car at £9k - is this too much, considering it's now a minter?! I'm pretty certain that I wont find another totally unmarked Corrado for £9k

Brentacre seemed like they thought I was taking the piss, saying the car's overvalued and that agreed value policies are useless anyway :roll:

HIC agreed value policy sounded good, but they want £1040 :crazyeyes:

Adrian Flux want £743, agreed value, and Chris Knott (my current insurers) refused to budge below £749.

No doubt that the valuers (Lancaster's I believe) will try and tell me its worth £6k... :x

It will be hard trying to get an argeed value on what is a standard car that isnt quite a classic car.

I understand what you aree saying tho.

Chris Knott use Lancasters, and they never quibbled with the valuation figure I asked for even though Brentacre (surprise) seemed to think I was being wildly optimistic. Worth a shot; and whilst a certificate of valuation is not an absolute guarantee, I'd prefer an insurer to refer to that as a basis for settlement rather than Glasses' Guide.

Forgive me if this isnt striclty relevant as i havent read all the posts on here but, you guys are aware that the value you insure your car for does not necessarily reflect the payout you will get in the event of a total loss. Your insurers ask you the value of the vehicle to assess it as a risk, not so they know how much to give you if you write it off.

Most modifications will not be covered under a standard insurance policy as it is viewed that they do not increase the value of the car. They do consider them when selling you a policy however as they increase the likelyhood of theft.

Madjackal, agreed value insurance poilicies DO reflect the payout you should get from the insurance should the worst happen... that's the whole point of 'em...

Standard policies are as you say though...

Madjackal, there are seperate 'agreed value' policies a small number of insurers offer, which are not the 'market value' policies you get from the big companies like Direct Line, Norwich Union Direct, Elephant etc. When it comes to total loss settlements, agreed value is just what it says so long as there has not been blatent mis-representation of facts.