Sign in to follow this  
AlanG

Corrado Front End Damage.

I Had a little accident in the corrado involving a signpost. to be honest it was greatly down to stupidity on my part, i knew the road well and it was early morning been up most of the night and i just lost concentration a bit and didnt think, went round a corner forgetting that after it on a down hill there was a T Junction at the bottom. there was a fair bit of mud on the road at the top of the hill and i just locked up slid straight down it across the road and then in to a signpost at the other side.

I need a new front bumper. slam panel (One Bonnet Sits On) and undervalance (radiator sits on it) and possibly a crossmember

Just wondering if there is any difference between the models.

it's a 91 1.8 16v, just wondering if the VR6 and G60 Panels would be different ? or early and later models ? I just bought a 3 bar debadged grille from a VR6 and if i need to change the slam panel i might as well get the right one. supposing it fits

There are a few differences in panels but i believe they are all interchangable. Later corrados 93 on i think have wider wings and a up buldge on the bonnet,ive fitted these to mine as they look cool.

Someone will post shortly with all the details on what ifts and what doesnt

I have a 2.0 16v slam on ebay of the mo and also a g60 slam panel in the garage give us a pm if you are intrested in them. Where are you in the uk as postage is going to be a bitch.

only the VR6 slam panel is unsuitable due to the off side radiator mounting point being wrong for the 4 cylinder models...

Front bumper will have been an early one, so anything after '92 will not be the same, although they will fit.

Crossmember and rad support panel are the same on all Corrados...

well i need the whole lot, just got a price from VW For new parts and it isnt pretty at all. might as well write the sodding thing off if i have to buy them all new.

If anyone has a Slam Panel, Radiator Mount Panel. Crossmember. and Bumper. and is willing to sell for not a ridiculous price i am interested.

AlanG, where are you based and what colour is your car?

Woody's got 2 slam panels for sale, I've also got one. I'm pretty certaint that Blue_Joe has a black front bumper skin for sale, and if you put up a WANTED advert, you'll probably get the parts PDQ! 8)