Sign in to follow this  
SleekG60

Got my self a FMIC for my G60!!

I have one but i have posted on vortex how to put it it on piping wise but i was told i need to find a Rare U bent pip that comes off the charger and that not many places can bend this and they say that they see this pipe on German e-bay has anyone seen one or knows where i can get one and possibly a cost and a pick that i can see what this looks like.

Thanx :D

you mean the one from a rallye golf G60? the one that costs way too much to buy from VW. make it yourself, you will have one hell of a time mounting it to the charger though because anything has to have a bolt going through it. my suggestion get an RSR outlet and then get a bent hose from samco or a bent metal tubing, 3"

by the way does anyone have part number 191 145 755, I am in the states and am looking for one, I want to do my own front mount IC. Sorry sleek G60. whoever has one PM me

ASk G-man what the bend is so you can get a custom bit of samco... something like136 deg.

these U bends were also fitted to the NON-air-con Golf G60s too... (that's where mine came from! ;) )

IIRC, There's 4 major bits you need with it.

1) The U bend

2) The gasket

3) A smaller support bar (replaces the black support bar which bolts between the charger and the block which won't fit anymore due to the U bend being in the way)

4) The 2 bolts. One which bolts straight throught the Ubend and into the charger outlet, the other which holds the support bar on.

its ok i think i am gonna do the samco deal that sounds good or if anyone has more than one of those pm me and potatonet..... thanx for the help :thumbleft:

Just to let you guys know, I believe that Samco now do a 180 deg. U-bend in silicon which you could use to come off the RSR outlet (have seen pictures of this so I know it exists),

Cheers,

BigEastSideVWG60