Sign in to follow this  
Jstar

Oil leak on front of block

Hi Guys

Hope someone can offer some advice on my k reg valver. There is a small oil leak on the front of the engine block above the oil filter housing. Right underneath the inlet manifold. (I think) Its a nightmare to find as I cannot get a good view without stripping it. It drips a few drops of oil a night. Not a major problem but I'd like to get it sorted.

cheers

Now, my H-reg Valver dd this and i was convinced it was something around that area was leaking and stuff so i went off to VW and got all the relevant gaskets and seals, changed pretty much everything in the area. Turned the car on and it was still leaking oil, turned out it was coming from the top of one of the senders ontop of the filter housing, big white one i think it was.

Hope that helps

it's also worth checking the oil breather on the front of the block... these sometimes clog up and then leak oil. It's the big block on the front of the engine with a rubber pipe which runs over to the bottom of the airbox.