Sign in to follow this  
dtjames

G60 vs VR6 vs 8v vs 16v

40k??? That's what my VR is on now - maybe I should consider a new engine or a rebuild? ....... oh wait......it isn't a G60 :lol: 8)

I was merely making the point (and tongue-in-cheek when doing so!) that the VR doesn't need a rebuild (of any kind) after 40k miles, unlike the G60 which is recommended to have a charger overhaul.

No need to apologise :wink: 8)

40k on a modded one

and 60k on VW service intervals, which BTW VW dont do, they send them away!! THATS MILES BTW

Right, isnt this about time this thread was locked?

There really is no need for it now.

We all Drive nice cars.

Surely?

And does the fact that for instance a MKII Golf was sold at the same time as a MKIII Golf mean that the MKIII wasn't a replacement model...? :?

And would you pay the same price for a car that has been out for a good few years than a newer version just released?

If i were VW, i'd too make the G60 cheaper to sell them quicker. Good idea i thought.

If you wanted a fast and comfortable sports car, would you want it to have the exact same engine as a hum drum family saloon?

just a thought.

Ps. Dont you have anything better to do than chase after my posts and add dumb stuff that doesnt matter?

Get a hobby.

brian again you have no idea

are we speaking about golfs or Corrado's here cos i think you are a bit confused

Corrado

i'm pretty sure G-60 Corrado production ended in sept 1992.........Corrado VR6 production was round-a-bout April 1992.....almost 6 months of difference.....

Golf

mk2 golf's were still available purely because there would have been an over-production of them before they switched over to mk3 golf production and so there would have been unsold mk2's kicking about when mk3 golf's started appearing in showrooms

as for a humdrum engine......LOL.........the vr6 has never really been called a humdrum engine and get your facts right again.......the Corrado 2.9 VR6(ABV) is a slightly different engine to the golf/passat/vento 2.8 VR6(AAA)

also for your information the G-60 engine has also been used in the passat.....albeit in europe

and as for your little coment afterwards

you think this is my main thing in life chasing after your posts???sorry brian but your sadly mistaken i just don't like ppl who know very little about cars spouting off total crap as if they know what they are speaking about.........afterall we are in a democracy freedom of speech and all that.....

as for a humdrum engine

Read it again, i didnt say the engine was humdrum. I like the VR6.

also for your information the G-60 engine has also been used in the passat.....albeit in europe

Thanks, i knew that anyway. And i'm not talking about the european market. I'm talking about the British Market. Different buyer mentallity's.

you think this is my main thing in life chasing after your posts???

I hope not

i just don't like ppl who know very little about cars spouting off total crap.........

Maybe you should listen/read what people have to say and stop persuming they know nothing, and you know it.

As for your Golf / Corrado thing. Since i've left my VW History book in my other trousers ill have to finish with this.

If you ran a company that had lots of expensive bits lying around that used to make something, and could make a few more, would you...

A. Make a few more and make money back?

or

B. Throw all the bits away and flush the money down the toilet?

Roddy, You do Know alot about cars, and you have had a few nice motors. But chill out a bit eh?

For this being a friendy forum not wantimg to scare people off, you as a moderator should show a better example.

I'm going to bed now, lets hope you can refain from saying something against this and lets just get along?

Incase you hadn't noticed, i'd put a post in your gallery trying to be helpful and pass some advice. You can obviously choose to ignore it if you want, i dont mind. BTW, yours is lookin better now its lowered. Glen did a good job.

hmmm the bits that would be left about they would be what are known as spare parts and i'm pretty sure if VW didn't fit them into Corrado's they certainly wouldn't flush them or the money down the toilet afterall we are talking about just engines and charger and some running gear

the likes of the 'charger would have been still manufactured well into the 90's as most if not all manufacturers have an obligation to keep manufacturing spare parts for a certain length of time after a model ceases production

your words btw here

"If you wanted a fast and comfortable sports car, would you want it to have the exact same engine as a hum drum family saloon?"

again the Corrado VR6(ABV)engine was never fitted into any other british market VW..........as for a sports car i'm afraid much as i love mine and all other Corrado's......the Corrado ain't no sports car well not in the true defination of one....its more a sports coupe(even though its a hatchback)

also i'm sorry brian but i'll decide what posts and threads i reply to so don't need you to tell me which ones to refrain from posting

and if you can keep your insults to yourself........i don't particularly like it being implied by you that i should get a hobby and that i should CHILL-OUT.....i am pretty chilled til you come out with those remarks so in future if you want to insult me then do it to my face instead of your usual snidey remarks on the forum

and well i'll leave it to the other moderators to let me know if i am setting a good or bad example to newbies

should it really matter !! they are all corrados after all and surley if the engine were so important this would be a vr6 or g60 forum chill guys and enjoy the car whatever engine it has in it ... :lol:

Regarding whether this should be locked....

I think 3 pages full will just about serve the purpose, that the next time someone starts the same damn discussion/argument, this can be referred to.

Closing as of now. Future threads will be simply closed with a link pointed to this thread.

Good call... this is starting to drive me nuts :|