Sign in to follow this  
Shilakadaddy

G60's - Post bhp and spec list!

A FEW internal mods?!? :lol: the only standard bits inside the engine are the con-rods, bearings, oil squirters and oil pump...

The pistons cost over £600 alone! :| :roll:

I think it's fair to say that it's pretty close to being as far as you can take a G60 engine while remaining with all VAG parts as you can get... 8)

A FEW internal mods?!? :lol: the only standard bits inside the engine are the con-rods, bearings, oil squirters and oil pump...

The pistons cost over £600 alone! :| :roll:

I think it's fair to say that it's pretty close to being as far as you can take a G60 engine while remaining with all VAG parts as you can get... 8)

:notworthy: HARDCORE!:notworthy:

goodridge, Inside the throttle body there are 2 butterfly valves which allow air into the inlet manifold - controlled by the throttle cable. There is a fair amount of alloy around & in between these valves that restricts air flow. This excess alloy is removed - I'm not sure if Daz fitted larger butterfly valves or not though ?

Here's a piccy of my standard throttle body -

Darren, any more info on this?

G60Dan, I'll be getting my throttle body back in a few weeks, when I get chance to collect it - I'll post a piccy.