Sign in to follow this  
tonytiger

My new VDO Gauges

Got these fitted yesterday with the dual-pole sender.

What are "normal" oil pressure readings for the VR6. On the drive home (15 mins) I noticed that from cold, it idles at about 5 bar.

Once warmed up, it idles at about 1-1.5 bar and when floored at high revs, it goes up to 4-5 bar.

Do these look like normal oil pressure readings?

Got these fitted yesterday with the dual-pole sender.

What are "normal" oil pressure readings for the VR6. On the drive home (15 mins) I noticed that from cold, it idles at about 5 bar.

Once warmed up, it idles at about 1-1.5 bar and when floored at high revs, it goes up to 4-5 bar.

Do these look like normal oil pressure readings?

I'd say so, I think the Haynes data sheets (were on the CCGB site I think) give a pressure value at 3000 rpm or something. The 4 pots should be pretty much what you've described on your VR and something like a min of 2 bar at 3000 rpm. The oil squirters for the underside of the pistons only open on a 16v at 3.5 bar, so I'd worry if my gauge never got to 4 bar, but I don't think VR's have those, I'd still expect the oil pressure is roughly the same though.

David.