Sign in to follow this  
NickVR6

Picked up my first raddo at the weekend!

Hi guys, anyone fitted a green ind kit to a vr before? Only got the car at the weekend but already fitted the kit. Sounds amazing but really badly resonates through the car at about 4.5k? had a K&N on order too, would that be better? not sure i can afford both though!

Also, anyone know what my fctory fitted full closure alarm might be? Its on a 94 and its original. Insurers on my case about it!

Loving the car BIG TIME!!!! Love the shape, love the colour, love the noise, love the handling, hate the speedlines :roll: :oops:

Gasp. You heathen! The VR Speedlines are superb alloy wheels.. VR on standard wheels with a sensible suspension drop looks the danglies! :)

Unfortunately the resonation will happen and believe its just a feature of the standard cone filters like those supplied by K&N. I think an enclosed filter such as a BMC or Gruppe-M will soften the din a little but still leave you with a nice snarl when you feel like some loony driving :)

thanks buddy, i am an original freak normally and vw mad having a mk1 lhasa green campaign golf for 7 years then mk2 then 16v then golf vr then the wife got the bug and got a chipped vento vr so i had to go the next step! suprised how much quicker it is actually and of course it looks soooooooooooooo much better.

the speedlines are just a bit less than mint so perhaps ill go the refurb aproach for now. any ideas on that alarm? im sure they used to be quantom labeled but are they actually gemini alarms or something like that?? need to find out as i have no theft cover until i confirm, gasp chiver!