Sign in to follow this  
Storm

VR6 cooling issues - Radiator cholesterol

If this has been mentioned before please forgive me.

I'm having a new RAD on my car, just as mine looks past it. The guy in the RAD supplier asked me to look down the hole that the top hose adapter goes into. :shock: What an eye opener. The holes get clogged with all sorts of cack and this is probably why some cars run so hot. Essentailly the rads are not perfroming anywhere near their intended capacity as the circulation is very poor. He tried to sell me a copper one, but it looked such poor quality I stumped the extra to buy aluminium from ECP.

It going to interesting to see what the temp is like when I put the car back on the road (repaint is looming).

Are aluminium rads favoured over the standard VAG one?

Is there a radiator upgrade for the VR6?

(Like getting TT brakes for example)

almost certainly.....

(I have no idea which one though... :lol: )

its a c*nt to squeaze it in as it is, I don't think you want to have to struggle with a larger one tbh, other wise you have to start removing the heavy things under your bonnet ;)

A standard one just fits in without having to remove anything (except obviously the old radiator :lol:)

i have just bought a std motorfactors rad,but comes lifetime guarantee,just pain in the arse to change when it leaks after couple of years

How are you finding the quality of this rad now you have it in the flesh? I saw your origional post when you ordered it.

to tell the truth its like std ones from motor factors,black sprayed type,but has written guarantee.

I was going to hold out for a genuine vw one,but how long is one of those going to last?