Sign in to follow this  
Red=Fast

A sad sad day for my Corrado and my Pride.

So from the day I bought my Corrado from its previous owner I was under the impression that my car was nearing 200hp at the wheels.

With this list you would think so:

Kompressor Kanada Stage 4 ported & rebuilt charger

68mm charger pulley

SNS stage 5 custom no-lag chip (meant for california 91 octane)

3.5bar FPR

Neuspeed p-flo w/ k&n

BBM RSR outlet

Eurosport hard intercooler tubes

ISV re-route

Techtonics 2.25'' cat-back exhaust w/ resonator

Flowmaster muffler

TT high flow cat

Low temp thermostat

Low temp fan switch

Autotech 260 hydro cam

Boost return removal kit

Windage tray

So, today I went to a dyno and got my car done. It was like getting kicked in the pants. My car is only running 155bhp. 155!!! I was thinking more close to 190bhp.

Ugh. A depressing day…

i would look into the actual set up of the car. make sure everythings working as it should be. have you got the dyno runs ? maybee by posting these up will show where your car is going down...

Look on the bright side .... it probably should be putting out more than 155, so there must be something that can be fixed to achieve this!

Thanks guys! Here is a picture of the results.

P2270001.JPG

I think it might have to do with my car needing a tune up in general and that I need to have my air/fuel adjusted - according to the guys at ATP I was running too rich with my SNS chip.

So from the day I bought my Corrado from its previous owner I was under the impression that my car was nearing 200hp at the wheels.

With this list you would think so:

Kompressor Kanada Stage 4 ported & rebuilt charger

68mm charger pulley

SNS stage 5 custom no-lag chip (meant for california 91 octane)

3.5bar FPR

Neuspeed p-flo w/ k&n

BBM RSR outlet

Eurosport hard intercooler tubes

ISV re-route

Techtonics 2.25'' cat-back exhaust w/ resonator

Flowmaster muffler

TT high flow cat

Low temp thermostat

Low temp fan switch

Autotech 260 hydro cam

Boost return removal kit

Windage tray

So, today I went to a dyno and got my car done. It was like getting kicked in the pants. My car is only running 155bhp. 155!!! I was thinking more close to 190bhp.

Ugh. A depressing day…

erm my spec was

Stage 4

K&N panel modded airbox

68mm pully

ported a flowed head

ported and flowed inlet manifold

Full zorst system with no cat

Remap

Schrick 268 cam

3.5 bar FPR

which isnt a million miles from yours and it makes 200...

at the fly!!

mine made 150 at the wheels, so to me at least yours sounds about right...

or is that just me ?

STD 160 bip figure is an at the fly figure.

Yeah that sounds right. After talking to the guys from SNS I guess my figure is average for a stage 4 with my mods.

So now I am saving up for the lysholm and a front mount. That should put me over 200 easily. =]

Red=fast, you should be running like 200 with that setup are you sure the test wasnt at the wheels? if it was at the wheels it would make more sense, BTW the BBM lysolm wont help you gain hp unless you fix the problem it does run stock at 12 psi and can go up to 25 which will give you about 300 bhp. you need to fix the existing problem before it will make a difference. check your distributor just for kicks. then check your ignitor seals, also you might want to get bigger injectors before you do anything else, check FPR. just a few things. change the bearings in your alternator? remove the AC with BBM's kit? 65mm pulley? so many more things you can do

Red=fast, you should be running like 200 with that setup are you sure the test wasnt at the wheels? if it was at the wheels it would make more sense, BTW the BBM lysolm wont help you gain hp unless you fix the problem it does run stock at 12 psi and can go up to 25 which will give you about 300 bhp. you need to fix the existing problem before it will make a difference. check your distributor just for kicks. then check your ignitor seals, also you might want to get bigger injectors before you do anything else, check FPR. just a few things. change the bearings in your alternator? remove the AC with BBM's kit? 65mm pulley? so many more things you can do

That was the hp at the wheels. Yeah the Lysholm ships with 12psi or more depending on if you get a different pulley or not. I would defiantly at least run a 15psi pulley or maybe even an 18-20psi one. As far as I know my distributor, injector seals, and for (it’s actually a quite new 3.5 bar one) are doing fine. My alternator might need to be replaced soon or I need to source down a power drain because my car has been having its battery die since I bought the car if I don’t drive it for a couple days. I also plan on getting the AC delete eventually. But since I talked to the guys from sns, they said it seems to be pretty normal horse power to the wheels for my set up. I also just need to get my air/fuel properly adjusted so I am not running so rich. Thanks for the advice man. =]