Sign in to follow this  
hybrid

service/very near motorway twang

Well, my sister drives a 307(diesel) which she had serviced for 350quid on monday, they did the usual and even said the wipers and lights were fine when infact a headlight bulb is out and both wipers are feked,umm?

So she was driving to a meeting this afternoon with 2 passengers on the motorway(one was pregnant) cruising at bout 70 when she noticed drivers flashing her n stuff, and then the engine jst died on her, and she managed to limp into the hard shoulder barly missing a truck and another car who were both swearing at her for driving like she was lol...

Anyhow one of the guys that was flashin her pulled in as well n told her was dropping oil or diesal(turned out to be a whole tank of diesal)

So she called the rac out and one of the pipes from the fuel filter or something of that nature was half hanging on, she cant remember what he told her(shes blonde)(like me :p) but he did say they would have taken it of for the service and wasnt put back on right. So basically there fault like, im still not sure exactly what it was but gonna take it back to em 2moz n see what they say, hopefully some money back and nice clean engine, oh and an apology, if they're at fault?

Oh course they are at fault, they saw a quick buck form a woman driver! £350 for a service on that car sounds very steep IMO, correct me if thats the going price! i would demand a full refund and take the car somewhere different! failing that, burn th place dont! that would teach um! glad no one was hurt mate!

The 307 hdi has some rather funny plugs on the diesel lines, i know cos my old man managed to fill the tank with petrol at xmas, i had to put the tank dry for him. The clips feel like they've gone right in but dont always, you have to give them a pull to be sure.

Im not sure how the other drivers knew it was a problem unless it was a dry day.

Anyway dont you just love diesels, the cars manual sad the diesel pump would need priming, as i suppected it would. funny thing is, the manual never told you were the prime handle was. I just used the tank pumps to prime it, worked ok.

It was with perrys, last one there. And yeah they prly did think stupid blonde, but to make such an obvious mistake to a 'qualified' mechanic, which could have ended in a nasty accident seems a bit to much... Sleeves are rolled up and war paint on anyhow!

Jet: Nah i wondered too but apparently she lost a full tank of diesel so musta been on display somewhere :| she had done roughly 40 miles since the service.....