Sign in to follow this  
potatonet

blown charger?

How can I tell whether I fried something in my charger without removing it. I am removing it tonight becasue I am replacing my water pump but is there something that just gives it away. there are no holes in the charger.

Grinding noises, lots of smoke out of the back, oil leaking out of it..

Should be able to check your alternator bearings for "feel" - just spin the alternator shaft by hand & see if there's any play in the bearings.

Could also be your long wide belt slapping around - possible weak tensioner shocker/spring assy.

tensioner is tight, alternator has some play in it, used to make a click click click click sound all the time, maybe a bearing just fried itself, tried shaking it, very little rattle though nothing major, also replacing the relay roller for the tensioner. I just want to make sure that its not the charger cause it sounds like pieces of metal in something. oh...... you are all right its not the charger cause MFA reads 220, thank you all for your help on this.