Sign in to follow this  
pp137

Brakes & Clutch Problems

Hi everyone, i'm having problems with my brakes and clutch, sometimes my clutch feels heavy and the car does not pick up as it should do. Recently the brake pedal has become very spongey, sometimes so bad i have to brake up to 3 times the distance i normally would as i'm not sure whether the brakes will even stop the car lol. The brake pedal has to be pushed down a lot compared to before. If I pump the brake it gets slightly better for a little while. I'm not sure what could be wrong with the car, maybe air in the brake system but then the clutch wouldn't be having problems unless one of the cylinders have gone. I don't know much about cars so any help would be great. What would I need to replace because I don't really want to drive the car when the brakes are not performing very well. Thanks much appreciated. Car is a 1.8 16v with 68000 on the clock.

Pink$

The fluid was changed about a month ago. I didn't empty out the old fluid just topped it up with the proper fluid that should be used (searched on here for the right brake fluid) not sure what could be wrong. Also found out my back passenger tyre is punctured. Would this make a difference to the brake?? I filled the tyre up with air on sunday and it was flat yesterday so I will have to replace it tomorrow. Thanks for the help

Pink$