Sign in to follow this  
jenks

Mk2 VR6 Buying advice?

I know this aint a corrado question but does involve that amazing engine!Has anyone got tips on what to look out for when buying a mk2 vr6? Be checking mounts,etc and its already got uprated suspension and brakes. Anyfing else?

?? Hardly a kit car m8? Just a modifed mk2 with a vr6 lump like a mk3 golf or corrado!

It will only be as good as the person who has done the conversion.Ie how good or bad a mechanic they are how much cash has been thrown at it ,what corners have been cut?

If it was me I would be inclined to do it myself,that way you know exactly what you are getting.

If a jobs worth doing ....and all that.

Check the elecrtics/loom as well. Mechanicals are fairly easy for the laymen to fix/diagnose but electrical probelms (for me anyway) are a nightmare.

Thanks guys,checked it all out,seemed ok but was more a track car!1 day I will do it myself as vr6 engines can be found quite cheap if youve got the guts and know how! Felt so much faster than a corrado vr6 tho, due to the fact it was lighter!