Sign in to follow this  
RobyD

hesitant 16v

When driving my 1.8 16v fairly hard, then slow the engine down coz of traffic etc, its really hesitant and chokes. To cure it i have to give it a little bit of revs and it usually sorts itself out. It has got worse and is doing my head in.

VW suggested the over-run cut off valve. Put Slick 50 fuel treatment in which didnt do anything.

Cheers for any ideas

A split breather hose of some kind? When giving the car stick it'll expand the pipe because of the extra heat, opening the split and making the car behave a little erratically?

Just a thought... I really am not too hot at this mechanical stuff.

You wouldn't go far wrong to pay a visit to Stealth if this continues to be a problem tho :)

Get your CO and HC checked to see how much its overfueling, Then start with basic settings by someone who knows the KR engine. then start looking into idle/overrun valves. :)

Right, think i'll take it to someone who knows the KR engine.

I was going to take the c to AMD to get 4-wheel allignment sorted coz no other place can seem to sort it out properly. They'd sort my cutting out problem wouldnt they? Heard good things about them

Cheers

or you could also try stealth too.........i hear they're relatively close to AmD too..........and i'm sure Vince gets in more kr engined cars than AmD do now,as AmD seem to be concentrating on the more newer cars now,like TT's mini's and BMW's and the like