Sign in to follow this  
bootsy

severe lambda issues

:mad: 90 g6o its an early type i think

ok this should get a few heads scratching , the lambda on my car is fried and the wiring is badly melted.

Looks like it has had a bodged replacement at some point and a wire has shorted out . everythings melted the plugs are 4 pin type but there are only three wires on the lambda??? there could well have been 4 wires originally but its all so nasty its impossible to tell i'm suspicious because the car has always used loads of juice and never really had stellar performance

i could do with knowing where the wires go and their relevant functions ie earths, signal, power, etc etc as somehow i'm gonna have to replace everything wiring probe the lot and at the moment i dont know even which probe to get

Help........................................................

My probe sounds the same as yours mate, 2 black and white wires are the probe heating wires, the other wire is the signal wire. best bet is to get a new probe and splice your old plug onto the end of it. Did it on mine and it appears to be working

splice it to what? all i have is a melted mess. i'm going to have to re wire the whole thing thats why i need to know the various wire functions and what my car should have in the firsplace

can any one help?

The two heater wires should come from a releay or positive feed and go to earth, the signal wire should go to the ecu. Difficult to tell without knowing soemthing about VW's but you could try turning the ign on and measuring the voltage between the 3 wires and earth - that should at least allow you to find out which wire is the power

The lilac/purple wire is the signal to the ECU. There is an earth and an ign 12V. With the aid of a Bentley or even a passat manual you can work out the pin positions of each, in the plug.

Gavin