Sign in to follow this  
swfblade

Insurance assesor quote

Ive had an insurance assesor man around (finally.....only crashed in october :roll: ) and they've got back as to the value of my G60. At the time of the accident, 15th October 2004, with roughly 155k on the clock, he rekons the car was worth £2100.

OK, its fairly high mileage, but its been well looked after, full VW history up to 130K then private history since. And we all know that dub 8v engines go and go when there well looked after. Apart from the damage from the accident its in good condition, with just a few stone chips at the front, what u wud xpect from a 14yr old car, thats spent most of its life on a motorway.

Does a value of £2100 sound about right for a '91 G60? I fort they were worth more towards the £2500 - £3000 mark?

You can always hammer him with adverts for similar cars from here, in the VW press and the autotrader. Pick stuff with big mileages etc.

Best you can expect is to get him to up it a few hundred quid. Ask for 6-700 and accept 2500 for it.

Is it worth having back and repairing/breaking?

Gavin

chances are its going to be a write off, but it only basically needs a respray down the passenger side really.

I want to prove to em that its worth more, as you say £2500 - £3000, coz it'll still be a write off, but I can get it repaired for a lot cheaper, and it'll leave me with some cash for new suspension ;) :lol:

Ive already downloaded some ads from Autotrader, but they range from £2000 to £4000 :?

Pick the ones most like your car and hope for the best. If you could get the car and 12-1300 quid you'd come off ok I think. As salvage it's not worth that much.

Gavin

Gavins quite right,what your really trying to proove is that you wont be able to replace it with the settlement,

afterall I'd like to think hes baseing it on last octobers prices ;-/

yup, that's exactly what I did with J-DUB... the first offer was £2000 - Excess, I eventually got 'em to pay out £3500 - £250 excess and £600 to buy the car back off 'em... That payed for the Grey G60 I bought to replace the car and then the leather interior I sold has payed for the suspension parts I needed and possibly even the bodywork and standard cloth interior I bought! :lol: 8)

Photocopy all of your receipts and a LOAD of adverts for G60s showing that the prices are WAY over what the book shows and they'll up their offer... 8)