Sign in to follow this  
woody

Door Locks

When I bought the car 3 months ago there were different keys for the door driver door, passenger door and also a third for ignition. Broken into at some point I thought. Anyway down to the local VW dealership to get ripped off!!!!!!. No £10 for each barrel and £9 for creating each lock to match ignition key.

Changed passenger door about 45 minutes no probs.

Sorry Now The Problem! :p

Tried to change driver door and found that the insert of the barrel was different. DID VW change the barrel design to make the lock more secure?

yeah later handles are different(slightly)from early handles as they have a bit for the total closure sensor

Roddy - do you mean the later handles as in the ones with the circular lip around the lock barrel?

If so, I have an earlier one (no lip) on my drivers side (temporary measure) and the full closure still works.

:? :wink: The idiots who made the barrels used 1 boot barrel (ok) and two near side barrels (instead of 1 near, and 1 offside barrel. so i hasd now chance of making the bloody thing fit on the offside (drivers door). Oh well VW place are going to make up a new driver door one for me probably take them two weeks to do that.

:cry: probelm solved please close thread

Roddy - do you mean the later handles as in the ones with the circular lip around the lock barrel?

If so, I have an earlier one (no lip) on my drivers side (temporary measure) and the full closure still works.

no the difference is inside......the lip is just a styling difference afaik