Sign in to follow this  
Bobby

mk 2.0l 16v bottom end

would a mk 2.0l 16v bottom end be an easy swap on a current kr 16v engine, was thinking of building up a spare lump as i have a port and polished 16v kr head, i know a 9a bottom end is pretty sraight foward, but findind a low mileage one is difficult where as a mk3 golf 16v botton end seem to have lower mileage. My set up is gonna be a mk3 2.0l bottom end , lightened flywheel with kr ported head and two exhaust cam, running the 42mm inlet and maybe afour branch manifold, oh and using the existing gearbox and running on the the k-jet still. Anybody done this before (mk3 bottom end), any ideas or advice is much appreciated, thanks bobby :D

the mk3 is a tall block.I believe its 18mm higher but should still bolt in the same.Still would be better gettin a 9a if your rebuilding it,the milage wont matter

so won't this cause a problem when getting the exhaust manifold and downpipe to fit under the bulkhead? I'll ask matt with the yellow corrado that was in pvw, how he has got round this.