Sign in to follow this  
oxfordpaul

Koni T/A's now speakers won't fit?

Hi all, just got my C back with new T/A Koni's and H&R springs. Thing is the garage have not fitted the side bits back that hold the speakers cos they said the adjuster for the suspension sticks up to far and hits the speaker. Obviously I want it all fitted back and can't imagine all of you with this set up have half your boot missing!! So what's the answer? Also for those of you thinking about having this done, if you have a 95MY Corrado (presume that means the ones with the smaller front spoiler) you will need top plates from a pre 95MY car as they differ and the H&R springs are only made for earlier cars. I didn't know this and kevhaywire kindly told me why my garage were having problems.

Hmmm, I have t/a's on mine and no problems with the shelf supports/back speakers.

Mmmm, just been out to have a look and they fit fine. The ride is pretty firm even on the softest setting. Feels much better though, like a new car! Am going to wait until alignment has been done before chucking it about.

Yeah, mine fit fine with the standard speakers but i also cut them out so I could adjust them easily...

Did the garage not do the allignment after fitting?? - fair enought they want bedding in but they only need to take it up the raod and back then set up the geometry, you will notice a major differnce when this is done!

Just a quick ? - I want to do the same with my 94"m" VR6 - I already have Koni TA's but with standard springs - going to buy H&R's very soon with the old type top plates etc. How much will a garage charge me (approx.) to remove the standard springs and fit the H&R's and adjust etc?PS how can u tell if your car has/has'nt got the old type topplates?

About 3/4 hours labour plus the geometry setup...

Best to get the dealer to look up your car by VIN number to see what plates you have then order them if you need them...

I was charged £160 (4 hrs labour) to do the whole lot, and will pay £60 plus Vat at local bodyshop 4 laser 4 wheel alignment. Also had rear axle bushes done and new front disks - labour £95 plus vat for all that which didn't seem bad. Mine is a Feb 95 car and had the newer style top plates.