Sign in to follow this  
roystonvr6

cutting out

can anyone help me my vr6 keeps cutting out when i go round corners. its like you have turned the key off.it then starts up fine and drives straight off. please help me as this is driving me nutts

Doubt I can help but this will probably need a few more details about when it actually cuts out.

Like: are you maintaining a constant speed?, lifting off the throttle?, opening throttle? etc

First thing you should do is check all of the engines grounds and the cables & clamps on the battery. Also take a look at the wiring under the hood and look for any obvious damaged harnesses. I would also make sure the multi-pin connector behind the coilpack / distributer is tight and none of the wires are corroded. When the car is idling try pushing the motor really hard and see if you can make the motor cut out, you can also play with the wiring harnesses and try the same thing.

You may also have a really weak fuel pump that is starving under cornering, doubtful but possible. Make sure the motor mounts are in good shape as well, if the motor shifts around you may also be pulling wiring which will allow it to cut out.

Does it happen over hard bumps and when it cuts out do you need to restart it or does it keep running?

Cheers, Dennis