Sign in to follow this  
mark28G60

CLUTCH

Ok Here goes,

Over the last couple of days clutch has got a little to easy with regards to pedal travel.

Went out this morning to a friends and thought seems to be a bit to easy but had to go.

Got to my mates only to find i couldnt select a gear. had to recovery vehiecle back, not good.

Can people please let me know what they think this could be

thx

Mark

(g/f went mad as i was only meant to be gone 1 hour) 8hrs later

Usually a problem such as this is a worn clutch or more than likely you have a leaking slave or master cylinder on the hydraulic. I would first make sure the fluid level in the resivour is high enough to make it into the clutch system and if it is then I would bleed the system and see if that brings the clutch back. If the fluid level is low it will allow air to enter the system and you will have problems like this.

Cheers, Dennis

where is the clutch fluid resivour, is it the same as the brake resivour or is it a different one? i hate brakes and clutch never been good with hydraulics.

Mark

where is the clutch fluid resivour, is it the same as the brake resivour or is it a different one? i hate brakes and clutch never been good with hydraulics.

Mark

both the brakes and clutch share the same reservoir :wink:

Have tried to bleed the system but clutch pedal is still going down all the way.

What do people think, someone already mentioned the slave cylinder, is this that hard to change and what sort of money do u think?

Look for signs of fluid leaking from the master and slave (master is next to the brake servo and BMC and slave is ontop of the gearbox)

Is it completly loose or does the feel some back if you pump the pedal??

Have you noticed the bite point getting lower down over the last few days?? - If so that indicates a fluid leak...

Have tried to bleed the system but clutch pedal is still going down all the way.

What do people think, someone already mentioned the slave cylinder, is this that hard to change and what sort of money do u think?

Be sure to top the fuild reservoir!

I mean to the top! :!:

Because there is a wall inside the reservoir for the clutch.

You need to add more oil than the max. mark!

Otherwise you´ll be bleeding only air! :lol:

After the job is complete remove the excess oil in the reservoir. 8)

I had this issue some weeks ago! :oops:

We are always learning! :D