Sign in to follow this  
G60Dan

Water Pipe G60

I had a water pipe go at the weekend - pictured attached

I went to vw at lunch, now the hose they had registered for my car (PG engine) only seemed to have 2 out lets - listed as "oil cooler to water pump hose". Now I'm pretty sure (as pictured) mine has a 3rd outlet going away from the water pump?? is this right, or is this the wrong hose I've ordered. I have until tomorrow to cancel it. Oh also it's about £50! so I don't want to be buying it if I don't need it!

PN for the new hose is 0371210508 Can anyone help?

I have borrowed these pic's of Henny's engine (hope you don't mind!) now my pipe appears to be the same as his. But it doesn't look clear if there is a 3rd outlet or not??

yes, on that pic of my engine there IS (well, was, I've deleted the oil cooler now) a third pipe... One onto the water pump, one onto the cooler and the bottom one goes onto the metal pipe which runs around the block and over the gearbox bell housing... 8)

p.s. feel free to use my pics off this site if they're for use on this site... 8)

do you happen to have the pn for the pipe?

VW aren't listing the one with that connets tohe metal pipe that goes round the gearbox??

I'll look it up tonight for you and post it up in the morning... I don't have access to etka at work... :|

cool, cheers Henny. I have till 2 tomorrow (Tuesday) to cancel my order on the other pipe before I can't get my money back so before then would be brilliant!

Thanks again

Dan

didn't get chance to look for it... sorry... :|

Anyone else got Etka handy?

Shyote! no worries mate.

Can anyone else help? Desperate as I'm going to need to order the part for 2pm so I can get it tomorrow so I have a car for the weekend!!

I've also edited your pic a little to make it more accurate. 8)

If they can't find the correct part from these pics, they need sacking... ;)

Thanks lads.

I went back down to VW at lunch & spoke to another guy. He assures me this is the correct pipe & the diagram just isn't very accurate. It is the same diagram as the above they had.

Should be picking my new pipe up tomorrow, so all will be revealed then!

The description does sound correct. "water hose (oil cooler . water pipe . water pump)"

yeah, No.(6) is the correct part, it's shown on the diagram as No.6 (without brackets!) which is for engines WITHOUT the oil cooler... ;)

Think this is probably where the confusion's come from... ETKA's a bit like that at times... 8)

VW have just called to say my pipe is in. They have confirmed it has 3 outlets. Sounds spot on!! :afro:

Picked up my pipe! And it looks to be the right one! Now to fit the sod!

Thanks all for the help lads

Cheers

Dan

don't forget to bin the original pipe clips and replace 'em with some good quality Jubilee clips... ;)