Sign in to follow this  
phantommaggot

bad passanger window question

ok im new to the corrado world.

just got my first ( 90 g60 U.S. spec )

i havent had it a week and my passanger window went bad...

i know that its a plastic peice on the window regulator and that VW will charge me something rediculious to put it all back in with the same plastic part...

so what i want to know is if anyone knows of a good quick fix or has a schematic so that i can have it machined out of something better...

thanks for any help you may be able to give

-josh

o and i searched and just got something about a different regulator fitting....

:?

There are probably more than a few plastic parts on the regulator so I can't really say for sure. What I do know is every plastic part that is part of the regulator is not sold seperately so it may be that you will need to buy it anyway. I know on these one of the wheels that the cable runs on will wear but again it is not sold seperately. What part is worn out on yours?

Cheers, Dennis

the peice that runs up the cable..

people on other vw forums have told me this is a common flaw in these cars and that if you can find a schematic for it one can be machined that will never break...

and i found a tutorial for a quick fix but i dont know exatly what/ where the person is saying to hook the little peice of metal... ( link below )

http://www.corrado-club.com/faq/detail_faq.CFM?FAQID=60

if not i guess ill spend the $

but any help is very much appreciated...

josh

I have the same problem as described in the link, http://www.corrado-club.com/faq/detail_faq.CFM?FAQID=60, but not sure if it is the same as yours. Unfortunately I had it happen to both sides. Instead of the double hook idea in the link, I drilled two holes in the door panel (where those plastic trim pieces cover) and fished a zip-tie through them and around the cable to pull and hold the cable up. I got the zip-tie as tight as possible. This worked great on the driver side, and the window goes nearly all the way up (needs about 1 or 2 more mm), however I was not as succesful on the passanger side. Probably poor placement of my holes. Just got lucky on driver side. My Passanger side now goes into the uppper molding, but not enough for my likeing. Let me know if I can help in any way.

I just bought my Corrado 2 weeks ago.