Sign in to follow this  
boroboy

alarm help, scorpion 5000

got 2 fobs they both are working but the alarm only responds to one, the other fob has hardly been used, would re-programming the alarm & fobs solve this?

do VW garages do it & what sort of £

help appreciated

I've got the same alarm. Try pointing the fob at the grille/bonnet and holding the button down until the alarm sets/or the door open. Someone told me this when my fob was loosing the signal from the alarm. Might be worth a try.

Try contacting Scorpian for some instructions on reprogramming. I bet that would sort it out. Often bonnet open, ign on or similar to set the alarm into a learning mode.

Gavin

I've had problems with my battery being loose and have to reinitialise the remote every now and then. The only sure way I've found of doing it is to set the alarm off by unlocking the drivers door with the key and opening it, then you must hold down either button for about 10 seconds. I find it works better if you hold the remote right next to the alarm unit, or in mine it works ok if you hold the remote on that centre speaker grill thing in the middle of the dashboard.

Hope this helps.

There's on old trick - which sounds bonkers but actually works - to boost the signal from the keyfob.

Hold the keyfob to some part of your body (I've found the neck is usually best :lol: ) and then press the button. It seems to boost the signal from the fob by about double. Dont ask me how, I have absolutely no idea :?:

This has helped me out in the past when the battery was low in the fob. :wink: