Sign in to follow this  
mk1-corrado

Weitec Coilovers??!!! Help!

I have just put a set of Weitec HICON GTN's on, have front set around 40/50mm drop and rear prob about 50 but the rears are really bouncy and the damping adjustment doesn't seem to do anything. front's are pretty solid but that's prob because for 40mm your 3/4 way up the thread so spring is very stiff.

Any one got any ideas as she's drivin like shite!??

Try backing off the damping not increasing it. I would always start with it soft and increase to the right point.

that's what i was thinking. i think i need diff front springs so there is a bit more movement up front. and rears...well??

Unfortunately i did not purchase them new, they are 2nd hand and came off another rado.

You can get springs cheap from Demon Tweeks. All sorts of different rates and lengths. Might spend some time getting it right tho.

You need to find out what rate/poundage the ones that are fitted are.

Gavin

yeah heard they did alot. well they are std weitec springs for the kit have some info, but in german!! would you like to hazard a guess at what would be more suitable??

thanks for your help so far too.

No idea fella. Springs are rated in lbs-inch. How many pounds of weight it takes to compress the spring an inch. 500 would be rock hard 100 would be dead soft. As for the right ones for a Corrado, I would be guessing.

Better to test yours so you know here you stand. Then maybe go 20%?????

Gavin

ok, cool, well i'll get some tests done on spring rates and go from there i guess. so would it be go softer or harder for rears as it seems to have no damping. the fronts would need to be longer and softer i think.

Terry

The main spring does the suspension. the helper just stops the main spring from dislodging under weight off conditiond.

From your description I think the rear shocks are too stiff. It may be worth checking that they are actually working correctly before spending money on springs.

I'd have a hunt on the net and see what you can find ref suspension setting up. It would give you a better idea than what I have to say.

Gavin