Sign in to follow this  
G60_Stoney

99.9 mpg ?

Ok guys first post in this place so hello to you all !! just purchased a really lovely g60 corrado a few days ago, after i got bored with my little golf driver !! :cry: anyway thing is the car is great, its just that the mfa doesnt show the correct mpg on the display, i know this used to happen on old mk2 gtis and i was wondering if it just needs resetting or something ? if so how do you go about this ? or is it just a faulty sensor ?

and another thing, do you find you get picked on by muppets in other cars trying to get a race out of you ? i dont drive very fast as im only 19 and the insurance was £1800 ! so im driving it like an old granny !! dont need to show people it goes fast really, badge says it all !!!

thanks for any advice.

"and another thing, do you find you get picked on by muppets in other cars trying to get a race out of you ? "

I find that Saxo's and Pug's are always looking for a race,

BMW drivers think twice before doing anything,

The best thing is,

The looks on peoples faces sat in the car behind

When the spolier goes up or down !!!!!

cheers guys ! yeah they seem to think the spoiler thing is well good, when you come to a stop and it comes down !! maybe they think its witchcraft !!got a very nice compliment from the man at the shell service station too! said my car looks well nice along with the comment 'thats the supercharged one right ?' bet it goes like the stink to which i replied, 'dont really know havent needed to push it that hard yet !!'

nope, if it's reading out, then the pipe has come off or become damaged on the back of the instrument clocks, or the capacitors have gone as Kongo suggests. This may also be affecting the way the engine runs slightly too if it's the pipe. It's not difficult to get the clocks out, and as long as you're careful when taking off the blanking covers in the lower corners of the dash, there's little chance of breaking anything else while removing them... As for the repair. If it's just the pipe has come loose, then it's a plug it back in and stick it all back together jobbie... If it's not that, then it could well need some soldering knowledge to fix it... :|

Good luck! 8)

What if the clock wasnt always reading 99.9mpg? eg, my 16v C MFA1 mpg reading sometimes works fine (25-35mpg), but other times will give me readings of 60, 70 and 80mpg.

Sometimes I'll go on a long drive and the reading will progressively move towards 99.9mpg and stay at that reading until the journey is over?

Would this still be the pipe you are talking about? and if so then how come I'm able to get proper readings sometimes.

I can verify every other setting in the MFA works properly, ie

speed=distance/time... if you know what i mean, so does that say its not the mfa circuit board?

cheers

paddyg