Sign in to follow this  
Baz2004

Wishbones?

Can anyone tell me are the wishbones on the corrado (early 16V) sided?

Got a couple of new bones from GSF last week and I’m not sure if they are the right ones they look like 2 left ones but I was told the rados were not sided. Been beating the sh1t out of one of them trying to get it in on the right side and it just wont go in. I’m just wondering do I need to get hardcore on it or are these things sided?

The control arms are hard to get in with the rear sub-frame in the car because the won't go in level. You have to carefully guide them in and knock them in without the rears of the control arms pushing in too far. As you knock the control arms back & in the rears tend to push in too far and the control arms will stick. What you need to do is make sure as you are knocking the control arms in the rear bushings are lining up with the rear holes in the sub-frame. If you look closely there is a C in the sub-frame that the bushing sits in, this is causing the problem. Take your time and use a big screw driver to guides the rear in properly and they will go in. The G60 control arms are the same for the right & left so this won't cause problems. If all else fails drop the rear sub-frame and it will take 5 seconds to get the control arms in there as you can installed them flat and they won't hang.

Cheers, Dennis

After jacking up the hub/front shocks with the jack they went in fine was just a matter of getting them level – Not easy doing it if they’re not going in at a horizontal angle.