Sign in to follow this  
coullstar

Wheels spacers

Looking to get some wheel spacers for the Estorils but when generally do you have to start looking to get the extended bolts as well?

Would 5mm be ok with OE bolts?

Its probably ok to have the std bolts with the spacers but i got some longer ones from by brother just for peace of mind. Ill give him a call and see if he can get some more if you like.

I know you can get them from Trackstore etc but it would be interesting to see how much they would be. TBH I am only looking for 5mm spacers so the OE bolts mught be fine.

Henny is the person to ask, i beleive he nearly lost a wheel on the way to Inters last year with 10mm spacers. I run 15mm spacers on the front to allow for the brembos. The spacers which i run were from South Coast Wheels http://[email protected] which have the lips on them so that the wheel is not just hanging off the four bolts.

Simple rule - you need enough thread into the locating thread (hole) as much as the width (diameter) of the bolt. For example 12mm on mine.

You can have a bolt too long, as there is a tad bit of clearance out the back, (but its at your own risk).

Henny is the person to ask, i beleive he nearly lost a wheel on the way to Inters last year with 10mm spacers. I run 15mm spacers on the front to allow for the brembos. The spacers which i run were from South Coast Wheels http://[email protected] which have the lips on them so that the wheel is not just hanging off the four bolts.

:oops: yeah, that was more to do with the fact that they were the cheapo nasty 10mm spacers (non-hubcentric) from Hellfrauds that I was using while 16VG60 was getting my custom (hubcentric) ones made for me and the fact I hadn't torqued up that wheel properly after bleeding the brakes that morning.... :oops: :lol: I was bloody lucky in hindsight... 8) :?

I got my extended bolts from Midland wheel shop

Well I fitted the spacers and the back was fine but the fronts bolts tightened after only 3 1/2 360deg turns of the bolts.

This sounds a bit odd to me that the front bolts use less thread. Is this right?

I realise that I need longer bolts on the front as there is no way I was going to run the car with that little amount of thread.

The thing I wasnt sure about was why is the front wheel held in by less thread than the back?

Sorry, misunderstood you question...

The bolt has to go through the disk as well on the fronts, on the rear the thread starts right at the mounting face as the disk is also the hub... ;) 8)