Sign in to follow this  
MNuTz

Should i be worried?

Finally got around to sending my V5 off to register my C in my name and noticed that the Date of Registration says "25 02 1992".

When i looked on the RAC website and entered my number plate into the vehicle data check it comes up with "Date Manufactured = 30 December 1992", this is after the V5 doc.

Should i be concerned about this or just assume that the RAC info is wrong?

Also, if it was registered on the 25 02 1992 does it mean it doesnt have to have a CAT fitted??

Finally got around to sending my V5 off to register my C in my name and noticed that the Date of Registration says "25 02 1992".

When i looked on the RAC website and entered my number plate into the vehicle data check it comes up with "Date Manufactured = 30 December 1992", this is after the V5 doc.

Should i be concerned about this or just assume that the RAC info is wrong?

Also, if it was registered on the 25 02 1992 does it mean it doesnt have to have a CAT fitted??

its a weird quirk of the RAC site that when it comes to the part of when a car was first reg'd it defaults to the 30/12/XXXX..............its only more recent "new" registrations that appear to have the actual date

mine also says 30/12/XXXX yet mine was first reg'd 2/12/XXXX

I don't believe you'll be requiring an exhaust catalyst. I'm unsure of the exact laws involved, but my mate's dad owns an MOT station garage and he was explaining it once. I remember there was something about a six month change-over period between '92 and '93 registered cars. The long and the short of it was another mate's '92 K-plate Calibra Turbo was not required to have a cat. fitted for its MOT at the end of last year.

I'm off to try and find some more detailed info. about this....

To my unreliable knowledge, cars pre-august 92 do not need CATS for MOT if you choose to remove it. August 92 and onwards do???????