Sign in to follow this  
g60_Pete

magnex systems

worth the 350 asking price? plus 130 labour.... i've only seen em on a few cars not been wildly impressed so far. its a 5x3inch oval exit.

had a look into it as my rado's tail peice is nearly dust (full system is fine though) perhaps a backbox might be better?

try these guys:

http://www.scarbro-racing.co.uk/magnexv

Got it for about £300 and postage was only about £9. No regrets at all, sounds nice and subtly sporty! Your labour quote sounds a bit steep too.

Here is a pic of mine with magnex, its a good fit and seems pretty well constructed.

looks good! its was ABP Motorsport. good company but a bit pricey i reckon, i know a few mechanics so i might be able to get one to sort me out. i was thinking maybe a custom powerflow job though, for about the same price i could have something a bit funky.

Yeah sounds a bit to pricey. If you go for a magnex, just buy it from scarbro racing and get somebody else to fit it - I got mine fitted for about £50 if I remember and it was done to a very high std, I watched him do it. I swapped from a powerflow, was a bit too loud and in your face for my liking and the materials used for its construction were a bit dubious - the stainless steel of the boxes was of low quality (definately not 304 grade), I won't even mention the connecting pipework. But the powerflow is more customisable, you can specify how loud you want it etc. The main thing is to get what ever system you get fitted properly! It will cause no end of headaches if it is a bodge job.

Anybody interested in trying to arrange a group buy on these systems :?:

I am certainly interested as magnex seem to be the quality system of choice at the moment. 8)

i havent priced them but tweeks do magnex, i've got a magnex and i'vegot no complaints , looks good,fits well and sounds sweet