Sign in to follow this  
Joe M

So how much would my car be worth nowadays....

...now that its had a replacement engine?

Basically the spec is as follows:

Spec-

'95 M VR6

Twilight Violet Pearlescent LC5T

223.5BHP @ 6070rpm

205lb-ft @ 5280rpm

Mechanical-

Quaife ATB differential

Schrick 268 Camshafts

Schrick VGI Inlet Manifold

Big Bore Throttle Body (from Alpina527)

Star Performance Remap

Koni Coilovers

Eibach ARB's

Powerflex Bushes all round

Vibratechnics front and rear engine mounts

288mm Front brakes and mk4 rears with drilled disks and Pagid FR Pads

C+C Custom Exaust with Decat

K/N Filter in very modded airbox

Upgraded Headlight loom (from H100VW)

Cosmetic-

Lupo Wipers

Clear Side Repeaters

Front eyebrow spoiler

Debadged colour coded grill

Silver Sparkle Speedlines with Bridgestone RE720's

Interior-

Factory Grey Leather

Focal 130v2 front Speakers

Infinity Basslink

But at the moment the engine is being replaced as the old one suffered from big end failure. Cams will be swapped so the spec will remain the same. The replacement engine came from a reputable vw breaker, has 69k on it and came from an auto so wont have been thrashed, its currently being fitted by Awesome gti and Andy there reckons the engine looks brand new internally.

Bad points of the car would be a dink on the bonnet and a few minor scrapes on the front and rear bumpers, nothing major.

The car has had a lot spent on it the last few years and has been maintained regardless of cost.

The reason im kinda thinking of selling this time (I know ive done this before) is that im getting of the opinion the corrado isnt the ideal car for the track use id want to put it through, I want something cheaper that I wont feel guilty about stripping out and fitting a roll cage and bucket seats to, and something I dont need to worry about having any minor offs in, a car I can basicaly take a hammer to and straighten out panels if necessary and where bits are cheap to replace.

Ive got an idea of what i want from the corrado but due to the fact the engine has been replaced im not sure what its worth, what do you think?

What's the mileage of the rest of the car? History?

£5.5-6K? Provided it has full history.

joe i can't see it being worth much less(if at all) than what a similar age/spec/miles C VR6 is.....ok its had a replacement engine recently but as the miles on the odometer are showing over 100k then most ppl would look at......if the original engine was in that it might be needing an overhaul soon etc.....whereas having the replacement engine in might also give them some piece of mind

Thats what I was thinking, especially considering the engine is getting new chains/tensioners and some other bits and bobs before it goes in.

It's a looker that one Joe. It's worth a couple of grand for the engine and box. Personally I'd rather have a Golf but...................you could buy a cheap driver and swap the lot over in a couple of weekends. :lol:

200hp in a mk2 is pretty quick. I have been battered on trackdays a few times by Bill Brockbank :cry:

Gavin

Will be interesting to see what the Jetta goes for.I see the reserve has not been met buying a cheap Mk2 would be easier,I think.Thing is after spending all the time and effort on the Vr might be better just keeping it----and stop doing track days :lol: :lol:

----and stop doing track days :lol: :lol:

Aint gonnae happen. :)

I quite like the Jetta, and apparently they handle better than Golfs due to less flex at the rear and better weight distribution. The reserve is also set at a reasonable price.

Found out this morning that the vr is ready for collection, yay. Also was outbidded on the jetta so looks like the vr is staying for the moment.