Sign in to follow this  
Tattie

Any hints and tips for fitting a Golf G60 intercooler?

wow this is hilarious.... good job guys, henny you are a nut with a wealth of info, anyone want to find a way to get me some of these parts into the US? I wish I had them, stupid american people.... forgot to mention I am half french.

oh yeah I am working on a CAD drawing for a FMIC for a G60 without changing the hoses, anyone want to tell me height width and length of the rallye golf's FMIC???

Tie Bar? That´s a good one... :oops:

I don´t have any bar holding the charger. :wink:

Should i get one? :o

Henny: I´m confused about connecting the IC output pipe to the plastic hose that has the CO Pot in the Corrado. Can i get any arrangement with hoses? Or do i need to get the Golf ones?

Yes, you need the tie bar. It IS important...

OK, the plastic pipe that the CO pot goes in from the Corrado won't fit once you've fitted the Golf's intercooler, but you may be able to cut it up so that it will fit. I don't know if it's possible or not 'cos I used ALL of the golf pipework when I fitted mine. (and then replaced it all with BAR-TEK silicone and Alloy pipes after popping one of the rubber ones... ;) )

When you guys fit your intercoolers would you mind taking a few pics as a kind of step by step guide. I've got a Golf G60 jobbie arriving in a few days and wouldn't mind trying to fit it myself.

Cheers

Mike

Thanks a lot Ian! :D

You´re always near when a mate needs a hand! 8)

And i see that i´ll need my visa once again! LOL :lol:

When you guys fit your intercoolers would you mind taking a few pics as a kind of step by step guide. I've got a Golf G60 jobbie arriving in a few days and wouldn't mind trying to fit it myself.

Cheers

Mike

Sure mate! :)

I always do some photo reports of my mods! :-P

I can post them here (if all others would like to see) when i have finished the job, because on the moment i don´t have all the parts...

As i don´t have all the Golf G60 pipes/hoses, i´ll need some alternatives...

I still have some doubts, i guess they´ll be gone after the job! :lol: