JabbaG60

New Corrado front mount intercooler

Jabbasport together with Pro-Alloy have relased a new front mount intercooler for the Corrado G60.

The intercooler is mounted on the front of the radiator, and flows top to bottom rather than side to side, that way all the full width of the core gets air flow through the grille.

The kit also comes with a new slimline radiator fan to take the place of the standard fan and cowling. All the pipe work consists of silicone hose and polished alloy tube.

Initally the kits will be available at a discounted rate of £658 including VAT.

Please contact Jabbasport on 01733 211779

webcorradog60.jpg

The kit comes with all the brackets to mount to the intercooler, the silicone pipework starts from a connector piece to the rubber hose from the plastic muffler box.

Well bearing in mind how hard it is to source a Golf G60 intercooler and the cost associated with getting all the bits together for it, then i'm sure this will be well recieved!

I just did a search throughout their website and found nothing. Let me know when you guys get more information about the set up. I would love to get one if it’s possible.

I think thats a pretty good price when you consider I've just forked out £1700 for a full custom made intercooler setup with Forge Motorsport Intercooler, oil cooler, polished alloy pipwork and red silicone hosing and Custom inlet with enlarged butterfly valves. Admittedly I needed the custom made aspect to fit into the vent in my RS4 bumper. But it sure puts the price into perspective!!!!!!!

:shock:

nice!

Another thing I need to put away money for... "things to get" list is getting way to long..

Is it possible to get a "partial kit" with just the intercooler and brakets?

/Carl

We've moved premises recently so i admit we haven't been able to activley develope any new bits.

Now we're settled we can concentrate on the good stuff agian!

We are releasing a G60 turbo kit, hopefully before GTI international, based around an IHI turbo similar to the one we use on the 20v turbo kit. Should be a proper 230bhp at 1.1bar on a standrard engine, with the potential for 300BHP+ with different engine spec. I haven't finalised a price yet but it should be under £2000 for the kit, including a cast exhaust manifold. The idea of doing the kit is to try and offer something for people who don't want/can't have a 20v conversion but still want good power.

Is it possible to get a "partial kit" with just the intercooler and brakets?

Ans. We've only got full kits in stock, but i can split one if you let me know what you want.

Nice kit, raddo's are in much need of effective cooling. Just wondering why you opted for the dual pass design over the single pass?

What sort of pressure drop is there on the 180 degree turn in the intercooler?

Its still only single pass bottom to top, we've used the same design on the mk4 Golf and Octavia with really good results. It flows far better than the standard intercooler which has a really abrupt 180 degree on the bottom pipe at the intercooler. The pipe work is shorter aswell which helps.

Hey all,

Hmmn, looks like a good quality bit of kit albeit a tad expensive in my opinion. Worth bearing in mind that I believe you can get the same sort of kit from another company for about £500 ? I managed to get my full custom made intercooler setup fabricated by Pace Products including intercooler, Mocal oil cooler and installation kit, polished alloy pipwork including Greddy 180 deg. U-bend and blue silicone hosing for £800 all in.

The intercooler itself IS huge compared to alternatives available and fits neatly in front of the radiator (slam panel needed slight modification).

Cheers,

BigEastSideTartanTimmehG60

Also interested in the turbo conversion info!!

... though not sure what power the delivery would be like with the 8v PG head.

The FMIC looks tidy.

Could it be used with a 20vT conversion me thinks?

The turbo kit consists of:

IHI turbo with integral wastegate, cast exhaust manifold, turbo intake pipe, boost pipe, water fitting for the turbo, modified sump, dump valve with silicone elbow, oil feed pipe, exhaust downpipe to fit to the cat section(3 bolt flange), nuts, bolts, studs and gaskets.

We have used this range of turbos on both the 20v and 16v engines and the spool time is minimal. The 8v head has smaller ports and therefore higher gas speed. I'm sure the spool up time will be even less than the 20v, which give 0.5bar(9psi) by 2500rpm, and over 1bar by 2800rpm.

so what about a group buy?

also is the efficiency of the radiator affected much and does the fan work as well as the stock cooling fan as yours is not cowled?

If you can arrange a group buy of 5 or more, we can offer the kits at £620 each. The slimline fans work really well, the air flow is higher than the standard one.

I'm game for that. I'm in the US and I have been talking with you via email. Would that same price decrease be the same for me here in the states but just apply to what I was quoted?

Also, do the kits come with install instructions? Is it a pretty straight forward install?

Also, how big are the intercoolers dimensions wise? How big is that compared to the normal G60 radiator?