Sign in to follow this  
VR6

New paintwork

Just had a few bits done to the paintwork.

What do I do now? Cutting compound and then wax? Leave it for a bit and then just wash and polish?

It will depend on which lacquer they used, I've just been advised to wash mine for the first 2 months then polish after its had time to fully harden...

allow it to harden,,,,, should be ok in abt a weeks time (which i been adv and i have used polished) depends on the weather too.....i used colour magic for the 1st few times and zymol'd it abt 4 weeks later beeen absolutely fine

think the best thing to do is whas it with a low abrasive shampoo lightly (something like the natural zymol one) and leave as long as poss to polish it

BUT you should really check with the bodyshop as they will know what paint type/quality is used and the best steps for you to take.

wouldnt go near it with a rubbing compound though

hope some of it helped if not sorry

Yeah that's good cheers fellas.

I'll be going back anyway as there's a sort of sticky goo on the bottom of the driver's door and sill. Not sure what it is, but they can clean it up! i'll get some advice at the same time :)

Ta