Sign in to follow this  
Rossco

Broken into

hey guys just a quick word to say that i was woken up this morning at 8.30 by a traffic warden to tell me that some dirty thief had broken into my corrado and nicked off with my cd changer. I got out to the car and i felt sick, its such a violation. the worst thing is my alarm never went off for some reason so all of you out there get an alarm or check your one works. Im only 20 and keepin the car sweet was tricky but manageable but now i just dont know if i can keep it, its a sad day.

thanks for listening

Ross :(

Sorry to hear that as well. Happened to me last week. Got about 2k worth of stuff from the car. More importantly, broke the window and the dash for me. It's pretty gutting. Hope you keep the C though.

Steve.

I totally sympathise with you mate.. its a horrible feeling to have your car broken into. I was lucky that I never actually got anything stolen.. but it really is a horrid feeling.

I just kinda sat in my passenger seat thinking "what the hell do I do now?"..

Just try not to let it get you down.. and get your alarm checked out :)

NO WAY DUDE! Sorry to hear it mate.

Whats the full damage?

Im glad i aint in Rosemount anymore..... I take it thats where it happened?

How about some free front speakers to cheer you up? I know it aint the anything but i actually meant to ask if you wanted them the other day, DOH!

sorry to hear that Ross :cry: ..........know the feeling only too well....had my BMW done 4years ago.....just outside my house :shock: ......no alarm either

so was it just glass damage and the theft or is there any other damage??

and i guess the police were really helpful too...........NOT!! :x

brian cheer me up as soon as poss please hehe, chhers man

and roddie your spot on wi the plod i just phoned up told them all about it and she was like ok heres you incident number go and phone the insurance, :mad: wow-ee dont over do yourselves eh. luckilly they didnt break any thing apart from the wee rear window on passenger side

P.S thank god for insurance that wee bit of glass costs £580 :shock: christ thank god i only have a £50 excess

cheers for the support guys its much appreciated :D

hey mate. well sorry to hear about that. my old golf syncro got broken into outside my house (that was the point where i said sack it and get a c!) but if you need a new stereo i may be looking to sell mine in the not too distant future. just pm me if you are interested (its a kenwood mp3 player)

Kevlar

(or anyone else!)

cheers for the offer bus but they didnt actually get my head unit just the autochanger, so if any one has a pioneer autochanger lying around i'll take it off their hands straight away

Ross

i know how it feels :cry:

had my golf and corrado broken into, totally puts u down :evil:

ever thought of getting it fixed privately as this would be cheaper and u wouldnt lose your no claims bonus, as u can get second hand glass cheap these days

I think I might have my old 6 dosc changer at home. I'll check tonight. What shape is the connector because I think mine is an older one with the square connection. I'll have a look when I gat home and put on a photo of the connection.

Here are the snaps I promised. Not the best, but you should be able to tell if it is any good to you. Let me know if it's what you are looking for.

yeh thats the one exactly the same as what i had, i would also need the cable cos the buggers chopped my one up, can you pm me some specs of the changer possibly the model number and a price please

cheers

Ross

Will do. I only seem to have the big black cable with the square connector, not the other one with the white connector. I'll have another look for the other cable tonight and put the specs up for you. Do you need the mounting brackets aswell? I'm not looking for much matey, been sitting in my room since my Golf went to the scrapheap in the sky. £30 + postage sound ok if it is the right model?

that sounds sweet bud was it ok for skippin and the like? if you can find the other cable then its a deal, dont need the mounting brackets

Ross