Sign in to follow this  
morpheus1870

HeadLamp Headache!!

Tried to change the headlamp bulb on the G60 today and failed. Removed the air box to get some more room to manoeuvre took off the back cap to get the bulb but it was held securely in with a clip which wouldn’t release. I gave up after 20mins and even if I had managed to get the clip off and change the bulb, god knows how on earth I would have got the clip back on again with such little room to operate.

Anyone had similar problems...do I need to remove the entire headlamp from the body to change this small bulb?

Will try again in the morning.

Changing the slightly different colour sidelight bulb mate? I never drove round with the side lights on because of that.. and never got around to changing it :)

When I last changed one of the bulbs though, I did as Nigel said - removed the entire headlight unit.

Its only the two or three tabs on the top and one sunk slightly down under the slam panel bit which you need a longer, thinner screwdriver to get to. Quick and easy. But its a real fiddly sod to actually get the bulb in and out.. you need fingers like chopsticks.

LOL - yeah, just take the lamp out (3 screws) - It can be done tho with pliers but easier to take the unit out - Just unplug and unlip front grill...