Sign in to follow this  
MickeyT

Vernier pulley

Just got a cam for my G60 and I'm thinking to get the best of it I'll need a vernier pulley. Does anyone know who does the best deals on them, can't find any on ebay.

Cheers

Mike

Just got a piper bp270 although I believe its a 260 degree duration :roll: Don't want to lose the torquey nature of the g60 though. What are you running then?

The same as you, it is a 260 deg cam. Also having a fast road cam stops all the problems with rough idle due to large valve over lap which you get with the 276 and 294 deg i'll email you the cost of postage just got to pop down the post office

Steve is yours up and running yet? If so what do reckon of it?
2 weeks & counting.....lol

No idea what difference the cam & pulley will make, I've done a complete rebuild & fitted many other parts at the same time.

I would advise anybody who is fitting a fast road cam to also fit an adjustable pulley. Fitting the cam alone will move the max torque of the engine further up the rev range. Altering the adjustable pulley will either move the max torque back to where it used to be or even further up the rev range - depending on whether the pulley/cam timing is advanced or retarded.

With the work that I've done, I have little idea whereabouts in the rev range the max torque will be. I've fitted the pulley so that I can finely adjust where the max torque occurs.

I'm expecting my new intercooler to arrive at the beginning of next week & that is the last part of the "jigsaw".