Sign in to follow this  
andrewdowd

G60 lack of power

my g60 is suffering from an itermittant lack of power, it feels as though its overfuelling when i put my foot down and chokes itself right through the rev range then ill let off the throttle, change gear and 75% of the time its ok and revs freely, the car has been sat up for a while but the prob started about a week after i started driving it again, anyone got any ideas?? new plugsand a service sounds like a good starting point i'll be doing that today

Check the pipe to the ECU for splits. Does it run ok on part throttle and die if you try to hoof it?

Is it ok when cold but plays up after it gets warm? BTS or lambda probe.

Tell us a bit more about how it runs.

Gavin

yea kinda runs good on half throttle then when i put my foot down it chokes, i can normally get it to go if i feather the throttle, or let off then boot it again, it doesnt missfire or anything, feels like if it had a perfomance cam its dropped off cam but through the whole rev range. i'll check the ecu pipe, i noticed the breather pipe that goes from the manifold to the small black pressure reg on the inner wing had split and come off yesterday so its a possibility also just repaired a fuel leak on the regulator pipe

This pipe to the ECU must be a metre long. If its over or under by more than 5cm it'll confuse the ECU and give less than ideal running.

The pipe on the FPR needs to be in good fettle too or the mixture will lean out as manifold depression increases.

Gavin

ace, i'll chack them both i know my ecu pipe is only about 15" so i'll source some new pipe for that, which is the Fpr pipe? is that the small black regulater thing on the inner wing?