Sign in to follow this  
Willsy'sbigred16v

URGENTLY REQUIRED - power steering pipe for 2.0 16v

I have also posted this in the correct "wanted section" but i am a man in need of a part!

I desperatly need the long pipe that goes from the power steering pump to the steering rack for my 92 on a k-plate 16v.

If possible i need this part by Thursday morning (14/04/05)

Any help gratefully appreciated even if you dont have the part i need but know of someone who might!

cheers,

Willsy

I have also posted this in the correct "wanted section" but i am a man in need of a part!

I desperatly need a the long pipe that goes from the power steering pump to the steering rack for my 92 on a k-plate 16v.

If possible i need this part by Thursday morning (14/04/05)

Any help gratefully appreciated even if you dont have the part i need but know of someone who might!

cheers,

Willsy

You should be able to get one from a passat, that's where mine came from, shouldn't be difficult to find at a breakers, just make sure the passat has the same type of gearbox selector mechanism (i.e. with the shift weight) as your Corrado and the PS pipe should be identical.

Best to compare the Corrado one side by side with the Passat one you find, but I just ordered one by phone from volks-apart in London and it fitted fine.

BTW, make sure the pump's by-pass valve hasn't stuck (usually makes pump ,very noisy all the time), that's how my pump-to-rack hose went, too much constant pressure from the pump and it started to leak fluid.

David.