Sign in to follow this  
mondy

Engine Uprating Advice Needed

Hi,

I've got a spare G60 engine that I want to uprate and am looking for your opinions of what I should do - I'm considering increasing the capacity to 1.9. I've heard that Bahn Brenner and G-Werks do the relavant pistons - are there any opinions as to which is better if any?

Also, I'm not sure what to do with the head - I'll definitely be porting and flowing it but I've heard people mention big valve heads - can anyone recommend somewhere that sells the relevant parts? What sort of hp gains would I expect from this (not including the stuff done to the bottom end)?

At present my car has got a 68mm pulley and a chip so I'm guessing I'll also have to change injectors/FPR - would anything else need to be changed?

Finally, is it worth lightening and balancing the crankshaft and flywheel at the same time as all this?

Thanks in advance,

David.

On yours should be about 23-30moreBHP.

Sounds like ya building a good 1 talk to the pro's tho!

have a word with John Mitchell (16VG60 on this forum) he does a rather nice 1940cc conversion which kicks butt! He can also sort out all your porting and polishing needs too...

Cool thanks for the replies guys - I'll have a word with the people you mention to see what they say...

Blue_Joe, difficult to say exactly as I did it a slightly odd way with John doing the block/crank/piston work and then me putting the rest of it together after I picked it up... Have a word with him and he'll give you prices... 8)