Sign in to follow this  
Blinky16v

50mm Inlet manifold question

Hi Guys,

I've got a bog standard 2.0l 16v 1993. Does this have a 50mm manifold as standard or is it smaller? The reason I ask is because I've been offered a 50mm inlet manifold from a Golf 16v and wonder if it is worth fitting...

Cheers

The Corrado one is smaller. Go for it- supposed to be worth while. I'm sure someone who's got one will be along in a minute to give more info :wink:

if it has the same effect as with the 1.8 (i imagine so, but not 100% tbh)

then it will increase power, but pushes it further UP the rev range. so if its more low down power your after, this wont be for you!.

i wanted more power at low revs for my C, and so decided against a 50mm inlet for this reason.

hope this helps :D ..Andy

p.s if im wrong, call me names and tell me to shut up!!

Here we go,I recently fitted a 41mm manifold (really early golf) to my parents standard 16v golf as i sold there 50mm 1.The car feels alot more aggressive now and suits the way my parents drive HOWEVER,Ive got a 50mm on my rado and it feels alot better over the 42mm that was on it originally,The moral of my story is......who cares,im gettin itbs soon!